On July 23rd, at 6:00 p.m. there was a rally outside Victoria city hall held by Divest Victoria, which is a group that has been asking the city of Victoria to seek ways to invest municipal funds in a socially and ecologically responsible manner. At 7:00 p.m., the rally entered city hall to witness a debate and a vote on a motion put forward by Mayor Lisa Helps, councillor Jeremy Loveday, and councillor Ben Isitt to take the first steps in Divesting from fossil fuels.
Prof. Wolff talks about this and the divestment movement on Climate Jam.
- Published on August 16, 2015AUDIO
Updates on China's currency moves, UK'S Corbyn like US Sanders, adjuncts unionize, Pepsi and Coke offer self-serving health advice, Rand Paul's misunderstanding of economics. We answer questions about what happened to US real wages from 1974 to 2014. We analyze why no consensus about global warming, what are toxic effects of rising inequality, and role of psychologists in advertising.
- Published on August 12, 2015VIDEO
Capitalism, the Vanishing Middle and the Poor
Judson Memorial Church
239 Thompson Street at Washington Square, Manhattan
Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church
These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For this Aug. 12, these will include:
- Published on August 9, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Sawant victory, fines for defective products, slowing wages, Puerto Rico as the US Greece, economics of refugee tragedies, and crooked banks' fall guys. Response to listener questions on worker self-management. Major discussions of Germany' economic strength today and how and why political economy of capitalism is basically irrational.
- Published on August 2, 2015AUDIOUpdates on Boeing and economic blackmail, socialism returns, Chrysler fine is bogus, airline fees ploy, auto union vs wage tiers. We respond to questions on stale debate at Medicare 50th anniversary and on getting financing for worker coops. Finally, we examine how China and Germany became economic powerhouses.
- Published on July 28, 2015VIDEO
A conversation about capitalism with two brilliant minds, Cornel West and Prof. Wolff, together in a rare joint appearance.
- Published on July 27, 2015VIDEO
Greece was rocked with reports over the weekend about secret plans by a faction of the anti-austerity Syriza Party, to possibly transform the currency from the Euro to the Drachma.