- Published on May 12, 2015AUDIO
WTO, TPP, NAFTA, CAFTA, and a host of trade agreements are causing America to hemorrhage jobs and the resultant downward pressure on wages. Add the productivity gains realized from automation and technology and the future of jobs in America looks pretty bleak. The government is cutting back on social programs and privatized welfare systems dependent upon the whims of the wealthy didn’t work for Louis the XVI or any other aristocracy throughout history. How will American workers support their families and keep our economy vibrant? There is a way but it will take courage.
- Published on May 10, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Alberta election, Kansas closes schools early, Gallup polls on unequal US wealth and on average work weeks over 40 hours, Uber and markets, ignorance about USSR economy. Response to listeners on public subsidies to private profits. Interview with Dr. Harriet Fraad on children and families in US capitalism.
- Published on May 3, 2015AUDIO
Updates on May Day holiday, Baltimore uprising, Nepal earthquake/poverty, Varoufakis vs repression, and Bud Light pushing beer by endangering women. Response to listener’s questions on varieties of coops. Interview with Prof. Yahya Madra on Turkey, Capitalism, and Islam.
- Published on April 28, 2015VIDEO
Prof. Wolff joins David Pakman to discuss ride sharing services like Uber and Lyft and the impact they have on local economies and regulated taxi services.
- Published on April 26, 2015AUDIOUpdates on UK elections, crisis's long-term effects, Kansas demonizes the poor, and the mustard-ketchup economic war. Responses to listeners on child-support economics and car production moving to Mexico. Major discussions: capitalism and war - a history, new stages of Cuban socialism and US Cuba-policy, the high stakes of Greece's economic situation.
- Published on April 24, 2015VIDEO
The Writers House at Merrimack College presents Richard Wolff"Taboo Broken: New Critical Writing About Capitalism"
- Published on April 19, 2015AUDIOUpdates on Bernanke's new big-bucks finance job, GM avoids billions in victims' claims for faulty ignitions, Seattle capitalist raises all workers to minimum $70k/yr, Americans' self-delusion on inequality, private profit trumps public policy, and anti-student-debt activism. Responses to listeners: impact on China if capitalism's relocation stopped. Major discussions of economics of wages and prices, narrowness of economics education, and basic global economic development issue.
- Published on April 12, 2015AUDIO
Updates on inadequate unemployment insurance, Ted Cruz's campaign money, law giving domestic workers real benefits, and demonizing the poor. Responses to questions on California drought and US medical system's experiments on people. Interview with Yochai Gal on TechCollectives he organized: two successful worker coops.
- Published on April 12, 2015VIDEO
“Basic Economic Changes Today: Within and Beyond Capitalism” Judson Memorial Church Assembly Hall 239 Thompson Street at Washington Square, Manhattan Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For this April 8, these will include: 1. Basic Economic Changes: From Anti-austerity to Anti-capitalism 2.