- Published on November 29, 2015AUDIOUpdates on economics of immigration, economic alarmists, Ireland as tax haven. Response to listeners on role and place for small business in worker-coop based economy. Interview with Dr Harriet Fraad on crisis for middle-aged whites in US today.
- Published on November 22, 2015AUDIOUpdates on Japan's Recession, half of New York City economically in trouble, ACA deductibles undermine affordability, Million student March, another crooked capitalist. Response to listeners on private vs public enterprises. Major topics: small vs big business and big ideas not being discussed in campaigns.
- Published on November 16, 2015VIDEO
Professor Richard Wolff appeared at a fundraiser for KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston. He gives a compelling speech on what ails America and provides solutions. The second video is a Q&A session with the attendees.
- Published on November 15, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Greek and Portuguese austerity struggles, obesity and Coca Cola, importance of U of Missouri, JC Penney's fake sales, and Macy's urgent sales. Response to listeners on politics, economics of TPP. Major discussions of (1) upcoming FED decision on interest rates and (2) economic causes of gentrified US cities.
- Published on November 12, 2015VIDEO
“Immigration, Unaffordable Cities, and Bernie's 'Democratic Socialism'”
Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church
These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For November 11th, these will include:
- Published on November 2, 2015VIDEO
- Published on November 1, 2015AUDIO
Today's episode includes updates on Obama harshness re student debt, how much corps and rich abuse tax havens, MIT rejects fossil-fuel divestment, profit over safety at tylenol company. Prof. Wolff responds to listener on where US economy headed now. Interview life-long high school teacher Alan Schulman on teaching economics after the 2008 crisis: problems and prospects.
- Published on October 26, 2015VIDEO
This article originally appeared at TheStreet.com
By now, everyone knows that Bernie Sanders calls himself a democratic socialist. What's not nearly as clear is what that actually means.
For voters who lived through the Cold War, the term "socialist" is loaded with baggage, dating to the assassination of the Russian tsar and his family in the early 20th century and Soviet Premier Nikita Kruschev's 1960s standoff with President John F. Kennedy over missiles in Cuba.
- Published on October 25, 2015AUDIOUpdates on monster merger in beer, buying the US presidency, homeless in Hawaii, Canada's election results. Response to listener's question on relation of individualism to capitalism and socialism. Major discussion of history of socialism vs. capitalism with focus on specific place of democratic socialism.
- Published on October 24, 2015AUDIO
Prof. Wolff opens up the Rosa Luxemburg Conference in NYC on 08-21-2015. Topic of the talk is Rosa Luxemburg.