- Published on February 8, 2015AUDIOUpdates on capital gains tax, Home Depot work/stress tragedy, and Koch money for 2016 election. Response to questions on child poverty problem in US and "solutions." Major discussions of (1) key economic problems looming for US economy: Europe, China, emerging markets, and US domestic inequality; and (2) economic issues surrounding currency exchange: especially the value of the US dollar relative to Euros.
- Published on February 6, 2015AUDIO
Prof. Wolff joins Tim Danahey on The Tim Danahey Show to answer these questions:
The privilege of introducing economist Richard Wolff to Orange County on Thursday night, February 12 at Santa Ana’s nifty Delhi Center finds me (and you) with an opportunity to consider our complicated Dickensian moment as lived, imagined, celebrated and challenged in this beautiful, benighted county.
- Published on February 5, 2015VIDEO
Monthly Economic Update is co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church. “The Economics of a New Year”
These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For this February 4, 2015 they will include:
- Published on January 30, 2015AUDIO
Running on an uncompromising anti-austerity platform, Greece’s Syriza party, the Coalition of the Radical Left, won a decisive victory over the conservative New Democracy party in the economically battered nation’s Jan. 25 election. Syriza fell only two seats short of winning an absolute majority in Greece’s 300-seat Parliament, prompting party leader Alexis Tsipras to form an alliance with the small, center right Independent Greeks party to form a governing coalition.
- Published on January 25, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Obama's SOTU speech, ECB pumps up money supply to stimulate Europe, forgiving Greece's (just like Germany's) debts, and US housing extremes. Response to questions on global wealth inequality and Switzerland's currency maneuvers. Interview with Dr. Harriet Fraad on US economy's disastrous impact on children.
- Published on January 20, 2015VIDEO
The wealthy elite are getting even richer, and a new report says that by 2016, the top 1% will control more than half of the world's wealth. What explains this staggering level of inequality, and is there any way to buck this trend? Prof. Wolff explains.
- Published on January 18, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Democrat's "Robin Hood" tax, riders shift from planes to buses, and misleading US job market headlines. Responses to questions on big bankers' self-image and the basic economics of US federal estate tax and state and local taxes. Interview: Prof. Peter Bratsis on Greek election January 25 and ongoing struggles, in Greece and beyond, to end austerity.
This article originally appeared at Truthout.org
In the following interview, New School professor and economist Richard Wolff provides his analysis of the causes of the economic crisis in Greece and in the eurozone, debunks claims that the Greek economy is recovering and offers his proposal for what a post-capitalist future could look like for Greece and the world.