- Published on May 18, 2014AUDIOUpdates on US sanctions against Putin aides, relative decline in US median disposable income, stunning "accounting error" by Bank of America, and clever manipulation of US regulators by 15 biggest US banks. Major discussions of declines in discount stores reflecting absence of mass recovery, successes and growth of worker coops in Spain's deep economic crisis. Response to listener question on reverse mortgages and declining quality of jobs in US.
- Published on May 12, 2014AUDIO
Updates on no growth in US, China overtakes US, costs of GM bailout, defeat of bill to raise minimum wage while Hawaii raises its minimum. Major discussions of Pfizer decision to relocate to UK, European Court supports Tobin (financial transactions) Tax and the stunning economics of prisons and jails in the US.
- Published on May 4, 2014AUDIO
Updates on Alabama prison/slave labor, automobile irrationalities, and the California drought. Major discussions of: cutting public employee pensions, cutting state support for public higher education, and lotteries as disguised taxes on middle and poor Americans. Responses to listener questions on the Federal Reserve "creating" money and why corporations operate overseas and then want government (taxpayers') support for corporations' foreign operations.
- Published on April 27, 2014AUDIO
Please click on the link to stream or download the radio show: www.truth-out.org
Updates on public power in Nebraska, Earth Day, Coca Cola's misleading advertisement, closing hospitals. Interview on culture and economic crisis with musician and music professor John Halle. Responses to listener questions on B- corporations and on a Wall Street Sales Tax.
- Published on April 24, 2014VIDEO
This lecture Professor Richard Wolff entitled "Capitalism Hit the Fan, So Now What? Economic Democracy and America's Future," was part of a two-day event at the University of Southern Maine on April 23-24, 2014.
- Published on April 20, 2014AUDIOPlease click on this link to stream or download the audio: www.truth-out.org Updates on how inequality persists across generations, the nonsense of “taxes are job killers”, governor uses tax revenues to prevent unionization in a private enterprise. Major discussion of state and local taxes in the US, the economics of paying executives very high incomes, and the privatization of public services. Response to listener’s question on recent Medicare report on oversize payouts to doctors.
This article originally appeared at www.truth-out.org
The organized post-1945 destruction of the New Deal coalition - unionists, socialists and communists - and the failure to replace those organizations help explain the muted reaction to the bailouts, austerity and other anti-democratic policies pursued by US governments at all levels.
May Day 2912 protests in Chicago. (Photo: get directly down / flickr)