The Economic Crisis
- Published on June 4, 2014VIDEO
On April 9, 2014, Richard Wolff delivered this presentation, entitled "How the Economic Crisis Reshapes Europe" to Webster University students, faculty and staff.
Webster University and the Office of Corporate Partnerships welcome Richard D. Wolff, Professor of Economics Emeritus, University of Massachusetts, as the 2014 Global Leader in Residence for the College of Arts & Sciences.
RT TV: "How Far Right, Left & Neo-Nazi Parties Revolted Against the EU" | Interview with Richard WolffPublished on June 3, 2014VIDEO
Abby Martin features an interview with economist and University of Massachusetts professor, Richard Wolff, discussing the future stability of the European Union discussing the political divisions and economic strain that has characterized the region for the last six years.
- Published on June 1, 2014AUDIO
Updates on Maya Angelou, Chilean students' victory, uneven = no recovery, Detroit's plan to demolish 40,000 houses, and housing market realities. Major discussions on (1) international movement of economics students challenging curricula and teachers, and (2) economics of advertising
- Published on May 25, 2014AUDIOUpdates on evaluating privatization of public schools, engineers' class action against Apple, Google, Intel and Adobe, and US homeownership gives way to renting. Major discussions of big movement into worker coops in Cuba, different experience of Yugoslavia, and requiring departing corporations to pay back for publicly funded gifts received. Response to listener question on self-employment.
- Published on May 18, 2014AUDIOUpdates on US sanctions against Putin aides, relative decline in US median disposable income, stunning "accounting error" by Bank of America, and clever manipulation of US regulators by 15 biggest US banks. Major discussions of declines in discount stores reflecting absence of mass recovery, successes and growth of worker coops in Spain's deep economic crisis. Response to listener question on reverse mortgages and declining quality of jobs in US.
- Published on May 12, 2014AUDIO
Updates on no growth in US, China overtakes US, costs of GM bailout, defeat of bill to raise minimum wage while Hawaii raises its minimum. Major discussions of Pfizer decision to relocate to UK, European Court supports Tobin (financial transactions) Tax and the stunning economics of prisons and jails in the US.
- Published on May 4, 2014AUDIO
Updates on Alabama prison/slave labor, automobile irrationalities, and the California drought. Major discussions of: cutting public employee pensions, cutting state support for public higher education, and lotteries as disguised taxes on middle and poor Americans. Responses to listener questions on the Federal Reserve "creating" money and why corporations operate overseas and then want government (taxpayers') support for corporations' foreign operations.
- Published on April 27, 2014AUDIO
Please click on the link to stream or download the radio show: www.truth-out.org
Updates on public power in Nebraska, Earth Day, Coca Cola's misleading advertisement, closing hospitals. Interview on culture and economic crisis with musician and music professor John Halle. Responses to listener questions on B- corporations and on a Wall Street Sales Tax.