The Economic Crisis
- Published on March 9, 2015AUDIOUpdates on taxis vs Uber vs driver coops, an apology on Detroit, International Womens Day, and cutting workers' compensation. Response to listeners on the economics of debts, past and present. Major discussions of (1) resisting economic decline: Minnesota governor, Emma Thompson and Pope Francis, (2) Wisconsin governor presides over economic decline, and (3) extremes of economic inequality.
- Published on March 4, 2015AUDIO
Prof. Wolff talks to David Rabin of WPFW, a Pacifica station in Washington, DC about his recent Truthout article on a class analysis of the lessons we need to learn from past revolutions.
- Published on February 25, 2015AUDIO
CPR News interviews Prof. Wolff about the current situation in Greece, Syriza and the economic issues facing Europe.
- Published on February 21, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Europeans' struggles against austerity policies. Response to questions on how workers' self-directed enterprises solve various problems (especially financing and different skill levels). In depth critical discussion of 'free enterprise' and the free enterprise system.
- Published on February 16, 2015AUDIO
Updates on labor protections for 'contract' workers, a green new deal for Greece, slowing US growth, and scandal of the used car market. Response to questions on reality behind 'recovery' hype and on poverty among those over 65. In depth critical analysis of markets and 'the market system'.
- Published on February 8, 2015AUDIOUpdates on capital gains tax, Home Depot work/stress tragedy, and Koch money for 2016 election. Response to questions on child poverty problem in US and "solutions." Major discussions of (1) key economic problems looming for US economy: Europe, China, emerging markets, and US domestic inequality; and (2) economic issues surrounding currency exchange: especially the value of the US dollar relative to Euros.