- Published on February 8, 2015Updates on capital gains tax, Home Depot work/stress tragedy, and Koch money for 2016 election. Response to questions on child poverty problem in US and "solutions." Major discussions of (1) key economic problems looming for US economy: Europe, China, emerging markets, and US domestic inequality; and (2) economic issues surrounding currency exchange: especially the value of the US dollar relative to Euros.
- Published on February 6, 2015
Prof. Wolff joins Tim Danahey on The Tim Danahey Show to answer these questions:
- Published on February 1, 2015Updates on political corruption, Greek election results, social security taxes, debt jubilee, union membership and revolutions' lessons.
- Published on January 30, 2015
Running on an uncompromising anti-austerity platform, Greece’s Syriza party, the Coalition of the Radical Left, won a decisive victory over the conservative New Democracy party in the economically battered nation’s Jan. 25 election. Syriza fell only two seats short of winning an absolute majority in Greece’s 300-seat Parliament, prompting party leader Alexis Tsipras to form an alliance with the small, center right Independent Greeks party to form a governing coalition.
- Published on January 25, 2015
Updates on Obama's SOTU speech, ECB pumps up money supply to stimulate Europe, forgiving Greece's (just like Germany's) debts, and US housing extremes. Response to questions on global wealth inequality and Switzerland's currency maneuvers. Interview with Dr. Harriet Fraad on US economy's disastrous impact on children.
- Published on January 23, 2015
Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has died in hospital while undergoing treatment for pneumonia. An official statement has named Saudi Crown Prince Salman the new king.
- Published on January 18, 2015
Updates on Democrat's "Robin Hood" tax, riders shift from planes to buses, and misleading US job market headlines. Responses to questions on big bankers' self-image and the basic economics of US federal estate tax and state and local taxes. Interview: Prof. Peter Bratsis on Greek election January 25 and ongoing struggles, in Greece and beyond, to end austerity.
- Published on January 11, 2015
Updates on rising health insurance costs, rebel economists, Senate costs. Response to questions on Greek crisis, falling school funding, wealth inequality in US that blocks "recovery." Interview with London economics professor John Weeks.
- Published on January 5, 2015Updates on Apple Computer, French Socialism, Greek election, Vermont drops single-payer, oil and Russia, and latest NLRB rulings. Major discussions of welfare economics, meritocracy, and 5% US GDP growth without hype.
- Published on December 29, 2014
Updates on successful Oregon teaching assistants’ strike, evicting the homeless, law limits unpaid internships to 4 weeks, and universities become businesses. Response to our audiences on the economics of war and military in US – “the elephant in the economy” – and on political corruption in the new budget. Major discussion of the sharp decline in most Americans’ wealth since 2007 (no recovery there either) coupled with widening wealth gaps between whites and both African-Americans and Hispanic-Americans.
- Published on December 22, 2014
Updates on economics of oil price collapse, resumption of US-Cuba relations, lost middle class, and the economics of Uber car service. Response to questions on upsurge of union organizing and on Supreme Court anti-labor ruling. Major discussion of why both men and women in the US are leaving the labor force.