- Published on March 11, 2013
- Published on March 2, 2013
Funny, smart, political news satire, hosted by Julianna Forlano.Breaking down the economic crisis
- Published on March 2, 2013On Capitol Hill, there's still no deal in sight to avert the 85-billion-dollars' worth of cuts which will kick in later on Friday. It's known in Washington as the 'sequester' and would see significant reductions on military and domestic spending. But Republicans and Democrats just can't agree on what to do. President Obama says U.S. will get through the deep budget cuts if it has to, but admits the economy will get even worse. Economist Richard Wolff says the American people should prepare for the worst.
- Published on February 20, 2013Richard Wolff on Fighting for Economic Justice and Fair Wages February 22, 2013
Economist Richard Wolff joins Bill to shine light on the disaster left behind in capitalism’s wake, and to discuss the fight for economic justice, including a fair minimum wage.
- Published on February 13, 2013
- Published on January 5, 2013
- We ask if falling US unemployment rates and increased profits for large companies show capitalism can adapt and endure.Published on January 4, 2013
originally appeared on Al Jazeera's Inside Story
As unemployment in the US decreases and large companies expand their profit margins, has the capitalist system once and for all proven its ability to endure and adapt?
The jobless rate in the US has dropped to its lowest level in four years. And the economy, which in 2008 appeared to be on the brink of collapse, is said to be recovering.
- Published on December 5, 2012These Tuesday evenings will each begin with an update and analysis of major economic events of the last month and their contexts of longer-term economic trends shaping politics and society here and abroad. We will focus on the evolving global capitalist economic crisis and its consequences.
- Published on November 15, 2012Riots have again erupted in Greece - as the Greeks continue to protest the austerity measures that are destroying their country. Is America out of the woods when it comes to austerity policies - or is there a chance Republicans will still force the crippling policies down our throats? Professor Wolff joins Thom Hartmann to weigh in.
- Published on November 15, 2012These Tuesday evenings will each begin with an update and analysis of major economic events of the last month and their contexts of longer-term economic trends shaping politics and society here and abroad. We will focus on the evolving global capitalist economic crisis and its consequences.
- Published on October 26, 2012Professor Wolff addressed a crowd at the Baltimore Book Festival on September 30 in the Radical Books Pavillon.